Summary: A newly funded project to deploy a cross-border network of seismometers around Paektu/Changbaishan Volcano. This 2 year deployment will be the first purposely designed cross-border network aiming to provide higher resolution images of the crust and mantle and answer questions on the origins of the volcano. We will also conduct reconnaissance mapping of other volcanic centres in northern DPRK.
- Birkbeck, University of London
- China Earthquake Administration
- Earthquake Administration, DPRK
- Kim Il Sung University
- Pyongyang International Information Centre of New Technology and Economy (PIINTEC)
- State Academy of Science, DPRK
- University of Cambridge